Dear friends, family and people we don’t know:
Are you ready to join a crew so fierce that brain cancer cowers at the mere mention of our name?
Team Glioma Girls invites you to join us for the Bay Area Brain Tumor Walk in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, California, on Saturday, May 5, 2012.
Whether you’ve received a personal invitation to join the team, or you are just stumbling across this team page from the Internet, you are welcome to join us.
The more team members we have the more awareness we can spread about the importance of brain tumor advocacy and research.
10 reasons to join team Glioma Girls:
- You are a woman with a glioma-type brain tumor, or you are a man with a glioma and you don’t mind being on a team called Glioma Girls.
- You know someone with a brain tumor.
- You saw our video on YouTube from the 2011 Walk and you don’t want to miss out on the fun.
- You think brain tumors are stupid as hell.
- You think it would be fun to represent the 1% (brain tumors make up just 1% of all cancers).
- You wish tumors would stop carrying signs saying, “Occupy Brain.”
- You think it’s a shame that not enough funding is put toward brain tumor research.
- It angers you that only one out of three adults diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor will be alive in five years.
- You like taking long walks in Golden Gate Park.
- You love our awesome theme poster and plan to print it up and hang it in your office cubicle/locker/car/radiation center/MRI tube.
If you can’t join the team, we certainly appreciate a donation toward the team goal, or donations to specific team members.
Over the past two years our team has raised more than $7,000 for the National Brain Tumor Society.
Help us beat our team best and raise $5,000 in one year.
We look forward to seeing you on May 5.
Liz and Liz
Glioma Girls forever
Check out the fun we had in 2011: